Thursday, May 7, 2009

YIIPEEEEE!!!!!


I am SO excited to bake! 

If you know me, you know how much I love to bake. In the past few months, I've baked some gf brownies, muffins, and cookies- all disastrous. These experiences left my heart heavy but determined to one day find that perfect recipe for a gluten-free/dairy-free recipe. I knew it would take a lot of experimenting with xantham gum, different flours, and lots of patience. 

However, someone must have heard my prayers, and that someone is BETTY CROCKER!

That's right- Betty Crocker has come up with FOUR different gluten-free mixes: Brownie, Chocolate chip cookie, devil's food, and chocolate cake. Remember Betty Crocker from your pre-gf days? The fluffy, moist, melt in your mouth recipes that went hand in hand with holidays, birthdays, and special occasions. Well, now us gluten-free folks can rejoin that bandwagon along with Betty's new mixes. 

Betty Crocker is truly an admirable organization. General Mills is proud CSA Benefactor Members of the Celiac Sprue Association. They have done an excellent job at reaching out to their special audience of those with celiac disease and other related disorders that require a gluten-free diet.

Go Betty! :)

No comments: